Rummage Sale Links
Departments / Hours Drop Off Information
Items We Need Tax Donation Form Location
42nd Annual St. Hugo Altar Guild RUMMAGE SALE
June 22, 23, & 24, 2011
· Wednesday, June 22
Charity Preview and Silent Auction
$2 admission, 25% Markup
6 pm to 9 pm
Thursday, June 23
9 am to 7 pm
½ Price Sale after 3:00pm
· Friday, June 24 “Bag Day”
9 am to NOON
All proceeds raised benefit
St. Hugo School and 21 area charities.
What can YOU do for the Rummage Sale? — SAVE, DONATE, VOLUNTEER!!
It takes a village, sometimes, doesn’t it? Your donations and time make the rummage sale work. The proceeds from this event benefit St. Hugo School and 21 other charities within Southeast Michigan!
We have listed below some guidelines which may help you determine how you can help make this year’s Rummage Sale the best ever:
- Donate Priority Items
If you are donating really nice clothing or other items, please mark it “PRIORITY.” This notation will indicate that we should take extra care of it. Perhaps it could end up in one of our special areas where it will raise even more money, such as:
- Boutique — A sizeable room with a combination of everything, but filled with more delicate, designer, and finer items.
- Silent Auction — This room takes Boutique one step further and provides a private space for buyers to look at and bid on the most expensive donation pieces. Previous auctions have included priceless antiques, vintage dolls, fine china, fur coats, painted and sculpted artwork, custom furniture, estate jewelry, and more. For these donations, please call Norma Keller at (248) 935-1281 ASAP!
- Better Clothing — Let’s give those designer jeans and other items the visibility they deserve!
Items we are looking for that you may not have considered:
- Lawn & Garden equipment
- Live, potted plants & flowers
- Small appliances that work
- Holiday items
- Sporting goods of all kinds
- Plus, items for over 20 departments
Items we do NOT take include:
· Computers or computer equipment
· TVs or TV equipment
· Pianos and organs
· Encyclopedias and textbooks
· Mattresses, dirty or soiled clothing
· Large workout equipment (i.e., Treadmill, Stairmaster, etc.)
If you don’t want to donate “rummage,” you could also donate:
· Cases of bottled water for our volunteers
· Snacks for our volunteers
· Paper products for serving lunch to our volunteers
· Business donations (write-offs or donations)
· Your time — With over 20 departments, we can use volunteers from sorters to cashiers to security to coordinators to department heads to hourly workers. Every person counts and makes a huge impact! Meet/work with fun people! We could really use more boys and men!
We are accepting early drop-offs. To schedule a drop-off time or arrange a pick-up, please call Norma Keller at (248) 935-1281.
Your donations are deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. DON’T FORGET TO PICK UP YOUR TAX DONATION FORM! Forms are available at drop off, in the Parish Office, or can be downloaded at http://www.sthugo.org/rummagesale
Please drop off all items at the “Red Porch” (West side) door of St. Hugo School, just off the blacktop playground. Look for the signs!
* Saturday, 6/18: after Mass, 6pm - 7pm
* Sunday, 6/19: after all Masses, 8am - 6:30pm
* Monday, 6/20: 9am - 6pm
* Tuesday, 6/21: 9am - Noon